A SAFE AND WELCOMING PLACE/SPACE | THE LOW DOWN | WHAT TO EXPECT | ALL THE OTHER STUFF
We ask that when you utilise Visible Ink you do so respectfully both as a physical space and towards other young people accessing it, as well as our staff.
When accessing Visible Ink young people have the responsibility to:
- Provide honest information about their needs and the support needed from staff,
- Respect other young people and staff’s privacy, personal space, rights, and worth,
- Accept the consequences of their actions and any decisions made,
- Not discriminate against other young people or staff on the grounds of sex, race, culture, language, religion, marital status, physical or intellectual disability, or sexual preference,
- Adhere to the principles and guidelines of Visible Ink regarding respecting the space, equipment and safety of all people within the space,
- Remember that Visible Ink is a smoking, drug and alcohol free space,
- Participate in decisions about what services, activities or the level of participation they wish to access,
- Create and/or view media content responsibly and with respect, especially using internet facilities legally,
- Express any feedback or grievances with staff clearly and calmly via email, phone or in person.
Young people accessing Visible Ink have the right to:
- Access free resources and the space, and receive assistance from staff that is supportive and flexible to their needs,
- Be respected by other young people and staff in the space,
- Not be discriminated against by other young people or staff within the space based on the grounds of sex, race, culture, language, religion, marital status, physical or intellectual disability, or sexual preference,
- Privacy and confidentiality with the ability to approve any sharing of information with other services as needed,
- Refuse any services or activities suggested by staff and are able to leave the space at any time,
- Give feedback or express any grievances calmly without it affecting their assistance received.
Visible Ink staff have a responsibility to ensure young people feel safe, included and supported within the space at all times. It can be a bit hectic sometimes, so to do this we ask that you help us out by:
- Using respectful language at all times,
- Not entering the staff office unless you have been invited in,
- Organising days or times for additional support that you might need with making or creating, so we can have the staff available to help,
- Looking after the space by cleaning up after yourself, accessing your bookings on time, and being respectful of the equipment at Visible Ink.