The Youth Enterprise program provides free opportunities for young people between the ages of 12 and 25 years to pursue creative and professional ventures in a safe, central and supportive environment.
Young emerging start-ups can participate in a range of formal and informal programs and events to build knowledge, skills and confidence within a community of likeminded people.
Residencies, workshops, one-on-one goal setting sessions and networking activities are offered at Council’s Visible Ink Youth Hub to support young people to develop a business, apply for funding, manage projects, position their brand and overcome obstacles.
Recent FREE workshops have included;
- Governance Fundamentals
- Funding Streams
- Digital Marketing
- Facilitation Training for Young People
To apply or learn more about the Youth Enterprise program complete the online application form.
Youth Enterprise Residency
The Youth Enterprise program also provides a yearlong opportunity for young and emerging enterprises to grow and operate from a shared coworking office space at the Visible Ink Youth Hub in Fortitude Valley, at no cost.
The coworking spaces are available to Brisbane based youth enterprises and creatives to access multiple resources, including office space, WIFI, printing, meeting rooms, workshops, and one-on-one goal setting sessions.
To apply for an office, you will need to submit an expression of interest to the Youth Development team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
An applicant should:
- be an individual aged between 17 and under 25 NOT TURNING 26 during the residency
- reside in the Brisbane Local Government Area (LGA)
- applicants must not have any overdue cards or equipment owned by Brisbane City Council.
Your application will include:
- An outline of your business/project/organisation
- The names of two referees familiar with your work who can be contacted for comments on the application.