In addition to all the crazy stuff that happens at a Visible Ink space, Visible Ink Valley also has office spaces that it rents to young people starting their own business, festival, social enterprise or community initiative. We rent these at a subsidised rate (currently free, in return for workshops and activities) to support young people to get their ideas off the ground in a safe and supported environment. Find out more about our enterprise programs (and office space availability) here.
Our previous tenants include:
- Freedom Migration make applying for an Australian visa easy by doing all the work for you. A boutique migration firm based in Brisbane Australia, they are passionate about migration and the opportunities it creates for families, employers and fellow Australians.
- Fade In Productions are leaders in everything related to video production. From documentaries to corporate promotional online media, Fadein can cater for all your needs.
- Oaktree Foundation is an aid and development organisation run by young people under the age of 26 where young people work together to end global poverty.
- Left Right Think-Tank is Australia’s first independent and non-partisan think-tank of young minds.Their mission is to involve young people in public policy and for a society that seeks and embraces the ideas of young people
- Creative Wire specialise in wildly innovative, fun, affordable and educational music workshops – to really get people ‘wired’ about composition! They also offer professional development, corporate workshops and a huge range musical services such as composing, conducting and music directing.
- The JH Project offers new, and young creatives who want the opportunity to create and show their own work, a platform and facilitator that will generate opportunities and connect people together. With an emphasis on connecting dancers with other art form collaborators.
- The Merch Girl wants to be your Merch Girl. Or Stage Manager, or Door Chick, or runner, or personal/virtual assistant, or apprentice, or assistant…
- Brisbane Creative Industries lists of creative professional development events in and around Brisbane. If you are an organiser holding an event, BCI is a free service that curates event calendar entries, write-ups and other important information for emerging and established creative industries professionals.
- Creative City Projects brings a rang of creative projects to Brisbane including the innovative ’12 Days of Christmas’ and the recent Stones Corner Street Party.
- International Brisbane shows international students the best of Brisbane based on their interests. From sports to entertainment, friendship groups and pub crawls…its all about feeling a part of this great city.
- Y Focus are about photography, social change and young people! If you’re 15-18 years old and passionate about an issue in Brissie we can help you to tell your story!
- Multicultural Youth Centre aims to create a centre that supports the Multicultural Youth of Brisbane in whatever form that may take. To create a Brisbane that is TRULY multicultural!
- Vegas Spray is an online gallery dedicated to the promotion and development of Brisbane Emerging Art.
- Less Precious will establish a global network of artists from Los Angeles, California and Brisbane Queensland who will work together to create 2D media, video content, music, and performance.
- Press Record Online aimed to focus on all aspects of the Brisbane Music Scene – that means featuring bands from all levels of success and from a variety of genres.
- Visual Monkies Studio animate, illustrate, design, compose, write, storyboard and teach multi-disciplinary art forms based around animation that engages with community, businesses and new technology.
- Bohemian Masquerade Ball is a carnivalesque night similar to a steam-punk Spiegeltent. Burlesque, cabaret and comedic performances feature in between live bands, extreme circu, theatre and art installations.
- The IT Angell provided web design and print solutions.
- Penny Farthings Pushbike Parking Solutions have a passion for cycling. From their innovative ‘green pod’ that solar powers and then recycles water after cyclists shower, through to their amazing bike racks, these guys are leading the way for a Cleen and Green city.
- Australian Youth Climate Coalition aims to educate and mobilise young Australians to take action on climate change. Project, events and media releases all focus on young people advocating for a cleaner, greener future, while balancing financial and environmental concerns.
- Kate Thomas is a local musician, sound designer and workshop facilitator who’s passion for music inspires others to get on board. From live instrumentation, through to installed sound scapes at the Judith Wright Centre, Kate’s work is diverse and inspiring. Check the local gig guides for performance dates.
- Island Vibe is held annually on Minjerribah (Stradbroke Island) over three huge days in October, Island Vibe is a multi-faceted celebration of Island Culture that includes art exhibitions, interactive workshops, stalls, circus, eco-food and craft markets. Four stages and over 40 mighty acts from all across Australia and the Pacific – including Murri and Pacific Islander dance and cultural groups – gather on Minjerribah for a celebration of music, dance, art and culture.
- YNOT industries is a local event company that supports Council’s work in hosting unique events in parks with young people. As an innovator, YNOT are continuously coming up with new events and activities that get people active and creative in Brisbane.
- Making Hey is a niche entertainment provider that brings interesting music from around the country and the globe, to Brisbane. These events also provide a platform for unique young Brisbane bands to gain exposure and experience to larger audiences:
- Youth Without Boarders advocates for youth issues and facilitates the development of networks to achieve better outcomes for young people and their communities [currently focusing on the Asia Pacific].
- Elements Hiphop Workshops provide engaging workshops to encourage young people to express themseleves through MCing and music production.
- Straight Out Of Brisbane Festival was Queensland’s largest festival of independent and emerging artists, thinkers and creative industries workers
- Lindley Street Productions organise events and festivals across Brisbane including Paddington Fair and last years Valley Fiesta
If you’re interested in having an office space at Visible Ink Valley, email Ryan.Foster@brisbane.qld.gov.au or click here to find out more about our enterprise program or any other visible ink valley programs.